Ernst And Gertrude Ticho Memorial Lecture
Deadline For Nominations: Closed
The Ernst and Gertrude Ticho Memorial Lecture, part of the Scientific Program of APsaA's Annual Meeting, is given by an early to mid-career analyst (5-15 years post-graduation) who is making contributions to psychoanalysis and is likely to make significant contributions to psychoanalytic science, practice, and thought in the future. Nominees must be a member of APsaA in good standing.
The Ticho lecture was inaugurated in June 2006 with the generous support of the Ernst and Gertrude Ticho Charitable Foundation to further the Tichos' devotion to developing younger analysts. The lecture carries a stipend, covers expenses, and is well publicized. In addition, there is a reception in the lecturer's honor.
A letter of nomination for the lecturer should be addressed to Kimberlyn Leary, Program Committee Chair, and emailed to Carolyn Gatto (email@example.com).
- In their letters, nominators should explain whey they feel the individual should be considered for the Ticho award and lecture. The nominator should know the nominee's work very well. The letter of nomination should address the nominee's
Effective nominating letters are detailed, specific, and generally no more than three pages in length. The nominator should also include discussion of the nominee's position as early or mid-career psychoanalyst, and his/her ability to craft and deliver an engaging lecture.
- accomplishments to date
- future intentions regarding psychoanalytic
- practice, science, and scholarship
- his/her capacity to achieve those goals
- The nominee's Curriculum Vitae should be sent as well.
- Please note the following change in the selection process: previously, the selection committee retained the materials of previous nominees for three years. Beginning with this call for nominations, those previously nominated for the Ticho Lecture must be re-nominated and an updated letter submitted on their behalf. This change will ensure that the selection committee has the most up-to-date information on every nominee's scholarship and contributions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid-career analyst. We look forward to reading many enthusiastic letters of nomination!