The Student/Resident Associates category is for medical students, psychiatric residents, pre-licensed interns as well as psychology, social work, graduate and undergraduate students of all academic disciplines.
- Special Student Registration Fees & Advance Notification of APsaA’s Meetings. APsaA’s national meetings offer a unique opportunity to meet and exchange information and ideas with psychoanalytic practitioners and scholars as well with other students and trainees. APsaA's meetings feature special student/resident program tracks and social events.
- Subscription to APsaA's quarterly magazine, The American Psychoanalyst
- Reduced Subscription Rate to the Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association (JAPA)
- Connect with fellow Student/Resident Associates across the country on the Student/Resident list serve
- Attend the Special Event for Students and Trainees sponsored by the Committee on Student/Resident Associates at APsaA’s biannual national meetings. Past presentations have included "Changing Our Minds: Modifying Representations of Self and Other in Psychotherapy," "Navigating the Royal Road: Working with Dreams in Psychotherapy" and "Why I Chose to Become a Psychoanalyst: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the Impossible Profession."
Yearly enrollment fee: $25.00.
Click here to print out the brochure and enrollment form
For information on the next Special Event or other Student/Resident Associate activities, please contact the Chair of the Committee on Student/Resident Associates:
Lisa Madsen, M.D. (lisa.madsen AT gmail.com)
Please call the National Office at 212-752-0450 x18 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Individuals who meet the qualifications for full membership in APsaA are not eligible to join the Student/Resident Associates.