Ownership of Site
In connection with viewing or using this website you are permitted to temporarily download one copy of the materials posted on this website onto a single computer for informational use only. Any copies of content from the website must bear proper copyright notice (e.g., © [year of publication] The American Psychoanalytic Association. All rights reserved.) Bots, spiders and other indexing or automated agents are not permitted to access or index this website or to download or copy information from this site for any purpose.
APsaA respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been infringed on the website, you may notify the Association’s designated Copyright Agent by sending a notice containing the following:
- an electronic of physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf;
- identification of the infringed work;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit APsaA to locate the material;
- the address, telephone number, and, if available, email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The APsaA designated Copyright Agent is:
Links are permitted to this website only with prior written approval from APsaA. Links must lead to the website’s home page rather than to any other specific pages within the site. Requests to link to the site may be made to email@example.com.
APsaA does not ordinarily monitor, filter, censor, edit, or regulate information and content provided by third parties to the discussion forums or any other interactive areas of this website, but reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion. APsaA neither endorses nor is liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of such information or content.
By participating in interactive portions of this website you agree to the following:
You represent and warrant that all Content submitted or uploaded by you:
- is accurate and does not violate or infringe in the intellectual property or privacy rights, or any other laws or contractual or legal rights of any other person;
- is owned by you or obtained with all necessary consents, clearances, licenses, and permission for use on this website;
- does not contain any virus, malicious computer code, or similar item;
- is not defamatory ,harmful, obscene, threatening, hateful, pornographic, violent or otherwise objectionable.
You will not:
- do anything to disable or overburden the website or impair its function;
- use automated means to access the website;
- send unauthorized advertising, spam, junk mail, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation;
- upload or otherwise provide content with a commercial purpose* or attempt to solicit funds or advertise goods and services
- solicit private information from users of the website;
- use this website in violation of any law or regulations or in any manner that could expose APsaA or users of the website to harm or liability;
- frame this website within your own (or “deep link” to any pages other than its homepage);
- attempt to assist anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
*Examples of messages that may be of financial benefit to a subscriber but are not prohibited because they do not inure to the financial benefit of the author include: news of job listings or position openings, or discussion of professionally-related products or services where the forum member conveying the information is not in the business of selling the products or services. An author posting news of publication of a professional book is not considered "commercial" for purposes of this restriction as long as the author does not post a link to a purchase site.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, APsaA is not liable to you for any special consequential, incidental or punitive damages, including damages for lost profits or business interruption, related to the use of this website.