After reading this article and commentary/introduction the participant will be able to:
(1) identify the potential dangers that arise as a consequence of ignoring the effects on treatment for patients with aging analysts; and
(2) monitor transference-countertransference evidence for silent analyst-patient collusions that could derail or destroy the treatment.
Criteria for Completion:
Continuing Professional Education Credit
Important Disclosure Information for All Learners: None of the planners and presenters of the CME program have any relevant financial relationships to disclose unless specifically noted.
Physicians The American Psychoanalytic Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Psychoanalytic Association designates this Internet Activity Enduring Material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Psychologists The American Psychoanalytic Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The American Psychoanalytic Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
MCEP Credits for California Psychologists The California Psychological Association Accrediting Agency accepts credits earned from American Psychological Association-approved sponsors (the American Psychoanalytic Association is an APA-approved sponsor). California-licensed psychologists are, however, required to directly report the courses they have taken with APA sponsors. For information about the MCEP Credit Reporting Form, go to the web site at www.calpsychlink.org then click on the Accrediting Agency button.
Social Workers National Association of Social Workers (NASW) This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886504845-8856) for 2 Clinical Social Work continuing education contact hours.
American Psychoanalytic Association SW CPE #0186 has received conditional approval from the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work to offer continuing education to licensed social workers, effective 6/23/2015. The Department may subsequently notify the provider that a particular course or courses is/are not acceptable. This conditional approval is in effect until the Department makes a final determination to approve or deny the provider application.
● UPON FINISHING YOUR ORDER, YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL IMMEDIATELY.
● YOU WILL THEN RECEIVE A SECOND EMAIL CONTAINING A LINK TO THE JAPA ARTICLE. RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL WILL DEPEND ON WHEN THE ARTICLE WAS PURCHASED.
IF YOU MAKE YOUR PURCHASE:
● DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS (9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday), YOU WILL RECEIVE THE SECOND EMAIL WITHIN TWO HOURS.
● AFTER WORK HOURS, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE THE SECOND EMAIL UNTIL THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
● ON THE WEEKEND, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE THE SECOND EMAIL UNTIL MONDAY.